History

             Languages and Literature Faculty was established by requesting of Paktia University from Ministry of Higher Education in 1391-1392.

This faculty had three departments including (Pashto, Dari and English) on its first year which had about 371 male and 4 female students.

In 1393, Languages and Literature Faculty established Journalism Faculty which has about two instructors and 66 students. 

This faculty plans to establish two new departments (Arabic in 1394 and Deutsche in 1395).

Currently in 1392, this faculty has first, second and third grade in Pashto and Dari Departments, first and second grade in English Department and first grade in Journalism and Public Media.

This faculty has 17 official cadre members (instructors) in four departments and 585 students who 7 of them are female.  

Currently, employment of three new instructors for this faculty is in progress. They were assigned as following: two for Dari Department, and one of them for English Department. The cadre members will be up to 20 in 1393. This faculty decides to increase the number of cadre members (instructors) up to 26 in 1394.