Journalism and Mass Communication Department
As we know journalism is the base of our life. A person who wants to be successful in his/her journalistic woks, he/she should know the fundamentals of journalism and familiar themselves with all development journalistic tools. Journalism is the fourth power of democratic society because it helps to aware people from new situation, guide them, and control the three institutions of a democratic government. Journalism creates relationship connection between people and governments.
Through a joint endeavor, dean of languages and literature faculty and chancellor of Paktia University proposed to establish Journalism and Social Relation Department based on needs and interest of people at Paktia University in 1393. This department welcomed 68 students for the first time.
At the very beginning, this department had only two lecturers; Assistant Professor Noor Agha “Noori” and Assistant Professor Khalid Ahmad “Habib” who have run the lessons and applied Journalism curriculum. By the passing of time, two new lectures have joint in Journalism department such as nominated assistant professor Mohammad Ayaz Azki and nominated assistant professor Amin Gul Saba for a better working environment and fill the needs of department.
As in today’s life technology for mass media is usual, so journalism mass communication is a must. The world of technology and media has been developing day by day. Therefore, it is a necessity that journalism department adjust itself to the international standards and norms. As a result, journalism instructors believe on:
- Graduation of responsible students to make relation between people and government. Through this way, government and people aware from each other needs, wants, problems, achievements and realities to bring positive changes.
- Practical teaching and learning of students through practical working on magazine, radio and if possible a TV network. In this way, from one hand our social awareness will increased and on the other hand students would be able to put the learned theories into practical practice. Besides, it can be helpful for students to find jobs easily.
- Creating journalism from department to faculty in near future to implement its curriculum based on principles of Ministry of higher education to help in development of our country Afghanistan.
- Developing Journalism and Mass communication into two different departments such as electric media section and printed media section which needs more professional cadres and equipment.
- Providing more human resources as lecturers who should be more qualified to teach based on international norms.
Journalism faculty expects from the officials of Paktia University and Ministry of Higher Education to pave the ground and provide as facilities to graduate students at the level of international standards.
Assistant Professor Noor Agha “Noori”
Head of Journalism Department
Assistant Professor Noor Agha “Noori” son of Mohammad Azim Khan is from Paktia Province Ahmad Abad district. He was born in 1367 in immigration period in Koza Pashtun Khawa near Peshawar city.
Mr. Noori continued School at Ahmad Shah Baba Primary School. He continued his education at Terbia Islamia High School in 1384, he returned to Afghanistan and settled in Paktia Gardeez city in 1385, and he hold Baccalaureate degree from Abdul Hai Gardeezay High School. Noori attended for Higher education at Sheikh Zaid Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan University Education Faculty, Journalism and Social Relation Department. After his graduation, he worked in different NGOs.
Noor Agha Noori participated in free competition of higher education as instructor at Paktiya University. Fortunately, he passed the exam successfully and currently he works as head of the Journalism department. Mr. Noori also helps in all social works of university and he has published different scientific, cultural and literary article for different magazine and newspapers in the country.